Saturday, November 7, 2015

Personal Demons

Rating: 2 out of 5

Favorite Quote: I walk up right behind Frannie, where she's sitting near the door, in time to hear her say, " You know what, Tay? Go to Hell," and I smile, because I think it's cute that she's inviting her friends along.

Summary: If you had to choose between Heaven and Hell, which would it be? Are you sure about that...? Frannie Cavanaugh is a good Catholic girl with a wicked streak. She's spent years keeping everyone at a distance--even her closest friends--and it seems her senior year will be more of the same...until Luc Cain enrolls in her class. No one knows where he came from, but Frannie can't seem to stay away from him. What she doesn't know is that Luc works in Acquisitions--for Hell--and she possesses a unique skill set that has the king of Hell tingling with anticipation. All Luc has to do is get her to sin, and he's as tempting as they come. Frannie doesn't stand a chance. Unfortunately for Luc, Heaven has other plans, and the angel, Gabe, is going to do whatever it takes to make sure that Luc doesn't get what he came for. And it isn't long before they find themselves fighting for more than just her soul. But if Luc fails, there will be Hell to pay...for all of them.

Review: Ugh! The summary of this book sounded so good, and really pumped me up, but I was highly disappointed. The characters were just...bad. Frannie, the mainish character, was so wishy-woshy. By the end of the book I had no idea who she was as a person. At one moment she was this sweet and nice girl, but a paragraph later and she would be a complete princess. Overall, she just was not the solid character needed to lead a good book. Then Gabe, the tempting angel, was completely flat. He was solely the "good force" and was beyond boring which is really sad considering he was supposedly fighting for the affections of a "kick-butt" protagonist female. The only decent character was Luc. Luc, a demon sent to tag Frannie's soul for hell, was pretty hilarious with his bad-boy banter, but towards the end he started to become just as boring as Gabe. If it was that bad why did I give it a two? Well, despite everything, there were parts of the book I enjoyed....and I finished it. (That's got to count for something, right?)

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I've been considering reading this book for a while, but after reading your review, I think I'll pass. I'm not a fan of wishy-washing characters...
    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete