Monday, March 21, 2016

A Little Update

I'm currently working on a schedule for posting. I've been complete crap, but I have made the decision to commit to this amazing activity because it brings me immense joy. To hold you over until I have everything sorted out, I'm leaving you with a snippet of something I wrote recently. If you guys like it, I might consider writing more. Have a great day or night!

Chapter One

My body is completely frozen, and I feel as though each of my limbs have been superglued to the surface below. I hear voices and strange noises all around me. Metal clangs together softly, momentarily drowning out the constant, ominous beeping of what I can only guess is some kind of machine. I want to open my eyes, but I can’t. My eyelids refuse to budge.“Dr. Karver, her parents have just arrived.” My parents? What are they doing here? What am I doing here? Where is here? Horrible thoughts and questions flood my mind; I can feel my heart beating so fast...too fast. Then, there was nothing.
------------------------------------
My name is Eloise Garner. Before you ask, there really is nothing very special about me. I’m smart, but not enough for it to really mean much. I love to read and I even write a little, but that’s not very original. As if my fate wasn’t already sealed, I’ve been blessed with middle child status. Bernard, my older brother, splits his time between “developing computer software” and taking too many mixed martial art classes. Bertie’s that weird breed of human that has the ability to humiliate someone using their fists or their intellect. Don’t get me wrong, in high school, he was a total nerd whose only friends were those that appeared on the screen of his favorite role-playing games. Then he met Riven, a guy who thinks all that it takes to be “cool” is to have a stupid name and some bad manners, at Walmart while picking up some tortilla chips for nacho night. The two of them have been inseparable ever since. Sarah, my younger sister, is the epitome of everything sunny, cheerful, and good. She volunteers at the local retirement center three times a week, is an active member of every stupid club, and is the worship leader of our small youth group. I kid you not, words flow out of her mouth like silk. There isn’t a person in town that doesn’t think Sarah is the kindest, holiest thing to ever touch earth. Now me, I’m the sarcastic introvert that spends her free time tucked beneath a blanket, a book in hand. Of course that’s not all that I do, I also watch tv, and sometimes I might hang out with a few of my friends. Overall, my life is a ball of fun, and at this point, you’re probably wondering why you are even still reading this? You remember that little paragraph from before? It was the one that described some dark, terrifying scene. Yeah, that one. That wasn’t just some story meant to trick you into turning the page. That happened to be the day I died.

No comments:

Post a Comment